Monday, February 25, 2013

SEED - a new film in preproduction


I'm pleased to announce what I believe is the seventh Bit Films production: SEED is ramping up right now for shooting in late March.

Excuse me: Shooting? Yes, this one will be live action, not animated. SEED is a dramatic science fiction short based on a near-future post-agricultural world that's been haunting me for years. I've written all sorts of variants of this story but the one that felt the strongest just wasn't animated. Though it does feature some cool CG VFX.

What I know already: this will be a 2-camera shoot using DSLRs. It'll take place over a weekend at the amazing Wauregan Building in Holyoke (an old paper mill with a spacious basement that fits the tone of the SEED world perfectly). The current script runs 8 pages.

In the Hampshire County area and want to be involved? Don't hesitate to get in touch.

More to come.

No comments: