Thursday, April 23, 2009

running commentary on the big fest week

TD Jeremy is at the first IFFBoston show right now, and I hope will have an update for us all soon.

I caught a positive review of some of the other shorts playing with Tower 37 in the comment stream here on a /Film post, which has me hopeful for an exciting program on Saturday.

Last night's Humboldt screening was attended by at least one friend of the film (thanks, Michelle!) who texted from the show itself and followed up with a great phone message earlier today. The film reminded her of an Ursula K. Le Guin short story titled "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas" which I am now very much looking forward to reading. And it sounds like great company to me, even though I'm not familiar with the tale yet.

It also looks like Michelle will be the first participant in the bitfilms-hat-for-festival-program exchange! wooo

Finally, we got a nice local plug from the Boston Herald's Film Junkie site on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Jeremy Brown said...

Just got back! No Q+A, though the presentation of all the films went pretty smoothly. This one was HD but stereo sound right? Either way, it looked and sounded fantastic.

here's my full commentary:

http://www.off-planet.net/blog/2009/04/iff-boston-part-1.html