Friday, October 10, 2008

Foley

We had a great Foley recording session today at Hampshire, run by Bruner in the library basement. Set up was quick, and we were recording squeaky chairs and crinkly suits and cracking glass all day long. Thanks to all who came and brought their creative energy (and their weird sound-making devices, like the Whole Foods box of cookies and the little yellow handbag).

For your listening pleasure, I'm posting one of our glass takes. Somewhere in here we're going to try and extract the sounds of stressed glass breaking due to pressure. Heck, I don't even know if we're going to use this take but maybe one of you can benefit from it.

I was the guy smashing the glass in this particular recording, and it makes me laugh to listen to it because at the end I kind of slipped and dropped the plates I was holding into the bucket. When everyone is tuned into every subtle pop and crack, a chaotic blast like that is quite the room shocker.

GLASS_TRACK_01.mov

Only two computer crashes, and no glass cuts. A very successful day!

No comments: